You will need the following information to complete the questionnaire.
- Name you designate for your LLC (you can choose virtually any name so long as it is not already in use in the state of formation).
- Name of your IRA Custodian (the self-directed custodian with which you have established an IRA account and that holds your IRA funds).
- Account Number for the IRA. Your custodian will assign you an account number.
- Name of the person who will serve as Manager of the LLC. The manager is the individual that will make the business decisions for the LLC. You, as the owner of the IRA, will generally be the Manager, but you may choose someone else to manage the LLC.
- Name of person or entity that will serve as the registered agent for the LLC. All states have a requirement that a LLC appoint a registered agent. The primary duty of a registered agent is to receive legal notices and tax documents for the LLC. If you live in the same state in which the LLC is formed you may serve as the registered agent. But you may have IRA Village appoint a registered agent for you if you do not want to take on this responsibility.
Estimated time to complete Questionnaire and receive your Operating Agreement: 10 minutes.